This third edition is an original initiative from the RESILIENT and PERFORMER FP7 European project consortiums, aiming to generate a successful, sustainable and world-class series of annual conferences.
Sustainable Places 2015 aims to gather scientists, researchers, and engineers, from research institutes and the industry, around one of the greatest challenges that our societies have ever faced: ensuring long-term environmental sustainability of ever-growing, densifying urban areas, in a resource-constrained world.
To tackle this issue, the conference offers to question energy efficiency at building, district and city levels. To this end, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) along with other key research domains (energy, materials, methods and practices, etc) will be at the core of the conference.
As usual, the Sustainable Places conference will encourage networking and clustering among projects funded in the framework of the FP7 and H2020 EeB PPP. On this occasion, participants will have the opportunity to assess innovative initiatives, access up-to-date information, discuss market trends and envision possible synergies.
Key stakeholders from the energy efficiency value chain have already expressed their interest in joining the event. An attendance of around 200 participants, coming from Europe and other regions of the world, is expected.
From September 16 to 17, thematic sessions and workshops will take place. An exhibition (table-top exhibits made available at no cost to any participating organisation) will be arranged in the same venue. On September 18, a visit of the University Campus of Savona, one of RESILIENT project’s demo sites, will be organised.
CEO and co-founder
Head of EU R&D programmes
University of Genoa
Technical & Regulatory Affairs Advisor – Siemens
Research and Innovation Manager – D’Appolonia
- Academic & non-academic researchers
- Building designers
- Construction companies
- Construction materials producers
- Distribution & transmission system operators
- Energy consultants
- Energy generation systems manufacturers
- Facility managers
- ICT developers
- Public authorities representatives
- Service companies
- Standardisation organisations
- Urban planners
Call for contributions
New results and innovative work on energy efficiency at building, district and city levels will be presented through four kinds of contributions.
- The SP2015 Organising Committee requires one subscription per selected contribution.
- Selected authors will be provided with contribution guidelines.
- All submitted abstracts and papers will be reviewed using double blind refereeing process.
- All abstracts and papers presented in Sustainable Places 2015 will be published in the conference proceedings with ISBN and made available to all delegates.
Technical Programme Committee
- Abdelilah Slaoui, Université de Strasbourg
- Ali Vasallo, CARTIF
- Anna Florea, Alexandra Instituttet
- Åsa Hedman, VTT
- Belén Gómez-Uribarri Serrano, acciona
- Beniamino Di Martino, Università degli Studi di Napoli
- Carlos Barcena Martin, Dragados
- Claudio Borean, Telecom Italia
- David Luigi Fuschi, Bridging Consulting Ltd
- Dirk Pesch, Cork Institute of Technology
- Edoardo Patti, Politecnico de Torino
- Edward Owens, Heriot-Watt University Edinburgh
- Freek Bomhof, TNO
- Giammario Incao, D’Appolonia
- Herman Eijdems, Mijnwater BV
- Ilias Lamprinos, INTRACOM TELECOM
- Isabel Pinto-Seppä, VTT
- Julia Vicente, CARTIF
- Johan Desmedt, VITO
- Karsten Menzel, University College Cork
- Lola Alacreu, ETRA I+D
- Luc Bourdeau, CSTB
- Krysztof Piotrowski, IHP-microelectronics
- Marie-Christin Haufe, Karlsruher Institute of Technology
- Miimu Airaksinen, VTT
- Monjur Mourshed, Cardiff University
- Shaun Howell, Cardiff University
- Stijn Verbeke, VITO
- Sylvain Kubicki, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology
- Sylvain Robert, CEA
- Thomas Bassett, BRE
Registration and contact
The conference is open to organisations and individuals interested in the event topic. Registration has to be made online.
Please note that pre-registration is compulsory since registration may be closed prior to the event date due to room capacity constraints.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The event will take place at the University Campus of Savona – Via Armando Magliotto, 2 – 17100 SAVONA, ITALY