Sustainable Places International Conference 2016 leverages the success of three successful editions in 2013, 2014 and 2015 held throughout Europe. This fourth gathers scientists, researchers, and engineers, from research institutes and the industry, around one of the greatest challenges that our societies have ever faced: facilitating innovative solutions for renovation and new construction to ensure the long-term environmental sustainability of ever-growing, densifying urban areas, in a resource-constrained world.
To tackle this issue, the SP’16 conference advances the state of the art in energy efficiency at building, district and city levels. To this end, Information and Communications Technology (ICT), along with other key research domains (energy, materials, methods and practices, etc.) were at the core of the conference.
As usual, the Sustainable Places event will encourage networking and clustering among projects funded in the framework of the FP7 and H2020 EeB PPP. On this occasion, participants will have the opportunity to assess innovative initiatives, access up-to-date information, discuss market trends and envision possible synergies. Key stakeholders from the energy efficiency value chain have already expressed their interest in joining the event. An attendance of ~150 international participants was achieved
From June 29 to 30, thematic sessions and workshops took place. An exhibition (table-top exhibits made available at no cost to any participating organisation) was arranged in the same venue. On July 1, a FASCINATING LIVE DEMO AND PILOT SITE VISIT OUTING was organised and it as well as the full event proceedings shall be reported on briefly in paper format.
THE JOURNAL PUBLICATION AND CONFERENCE FOLLOW-UP COMMUNICATIONS SHALL BE POSTED SHORTLY, WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
- CfP deadline: 15-May
- Author Acceptance: 20-May
- Early-bird deadline: 30-May
- Full papers due: 15-Jun
- Event date: 29-Jun to 1-Jul
- Camera ready paper:
All papers presented in Sustainable Places 2016 will be published in the conference proceedings with ISBN and made available to all delegates. Selected papers will be considered for a special edition of the Journal for ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND SUSTAINABILITY ISSUES (ISSN 2345-0282). The ESI journal author template is available here: TEMPLATE OF a PAPER to ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND SUSTAINABILITY ISSUES, and more details on paper requirements are on the author instructions page.
Technical Program Committee & ESI Journal Editorial Board
- Sylvain Robert – French Alternative Energies Commission (CEA), France
- Germain Adell – Nobatek, France
- David Fuschi – BRIDGING Consulting Ltd., UK
- Stijn Verbeke – Flemish Institute for Technological Research (VITO NV), Belgium
- Belén Gómez-Uribarri Serrano – Acciona, Spain
- Carlos Bárcena – Dragados, Spain
- Freek Bomhof – Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research (TNO), The Netherlands
- Johan Desmedt – Flemish Institute for Technological Research (VITO NV), Belgium
- Maja Skrjanc – Jožef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
- Andrea Michiorri – MINES ParisTech, France
- Lola Alacreu Garcia – GrupoETRA, Spain
- Lena Kitzing – Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark
- Ali Vasallo Belver – Cartif Technology Centre, Spain
- Régis Decorme – Center for Science and Technology in Buildings (CSTB), France
- Edoardo Patti – Polytechnic University of Turin, Italy
- Ilias Lamprinos – Intracom Telecom Solutions, Greece
- Nikolaos Kontinakis – EUROCITIES, Brussels
- Wolfgang Birk – Luleå University of Technology, Sweden
- Matija Vajdić – Energy Institute Hrvoje Požar
- Rubén García Pajares – Cartif Technology Centre, Spain
- Rizal Sebastian – DEMO Consultants, The Netherlands
The event took place at the Allée du Parc Montaury in Anglet, France – 64600 ANGLET (Université de Pau et du Pays de l’Adour UFR de Sciences et Techniques de la Côte Basque)